Friday, April 22, 2011

Vicotry over Depression chpt 5

Wow--tonight was a good study! Glancing through the PDF's,  it was an 'in your face' kinda deal. I'd heard all of this before, but a good reminder never hurts. When we get wrapped up on ourselves, our circumstances, how folks are treating us... us, us, us... we wallow in self-pity, and next thing you know, our eyes are off of God, and onto poor me. It was right there, in black and white, scriptures and all. It didn't paint a very good picture of mankind, and our fleshly ways, but if I were honest, I'd have to say that if I took it to heart, that would be my first step to getting out of depression. Admitting that maybe my response to circumstances, and not my circumstances themselves, was the culprit to my move towards depression.

In the end, an attitude of gratitude will help the blues dispensate and move us towards God-thoughts, instead of me-thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment