Sunday, March 10, 2013

Bible Study 3-7-13




This weeks verses came out of 2 Timothy 3. We read and discussed the whole chapter, but the one thing that caught my eye was in the first few verses:
People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited,lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

My question is, since the number of lost people are greater than the number of saved people, how can we do this? How will the ones living in darkness hear of God's love for them, except we share with them? 

Like many others, I had had an extremely difficult week at work. Actually, difficult two months. I found myself growing irritable being around the people that fit the afore mentioned verses. Regardless of the age group. I couldn't shake my attitude. I didn't like me, and I know others didn't like me. Least they could walk away. I had tried quoting scriptures, renewing my mind, praying, singing P & W songs, yet, nothing could shake this horrible disgruntled attitude of mine. G suggested I try walking in a state of thankfulness. This could be done. Instead of focusing on the horrifically bad state of the world, be thankful for the little gold nuggets that God puts along my path that often get overlooked. 

I tried this for the next day (since our studies fall on Thursday) and I was amazed at how the irritability just started falling off. When one person would start to get under my skin, I would remind myself, "But I do appreciate how someone else treats me" I have several students who God has made to be a blessing in my life, and I do wholeheartedly thank God for them. They're the ray of sunshine in my stormy work days. 
Thank you, Lord, for those precious small blessings!

2 comments:

  1. L O V E D this Bible Study!
    G, you are growing into a fabulous teacher, brother!
    Lisa, my precious and humble sister, also L O V E your comments.
    God bless the Brookins family!!!
    Love, sis J XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words. I really miss you Hope to catch up during Spring break. Easter week.

    ReplyDelete